JMR stock and supply
ancillary lead products...
- Three products designed to improve, restore and enhance the appearance of lead sheet.
- Dirt and grime is removed by Lead Sheet Cleaner before lead surface restoration with:
Lead Sheet Restorer Formula G1 for recent leadwork ie. less than 50 years old.
Lead Sheet Restorer Formula G3 for old leadwork ie. over 50 years old.
Lead Sheet Cleaner has been designed to remove all types of grime, bird fouling, airborne pollution and dust from lead surfaces, either as part of a general clean-up or as a pre-treatment in preparation for surface restoration. Lead Sheet Cleaner will not remove Patination Oil, bitumen or tar.
Lead Sheet Restorer Formula G1 has been designed to remove oxide/carbonate patinas that form before the slower developing, but more adherent sulphite/sulphate based patinas. This will be on leadwork ranging from recently installed, up to as much as 50 years old.
Lead Sheet Restorer Formula G3 was designed for renovating leadwork during the restoration of old buildings and statuary. As it is in gel form, it will remain in contact with the surface to be restored for a period of time long enough to break down the adherent patina found on leadwork greater than 50 years of age. It may also be used to restore an area of leadwork to match an adjacent new lead repair.
ADVICE ON USE
- Before use, test on a small area to be cleaned.
- Protect surrounding materials and where possible, collect all washings and dispose of them safely.
- Remove any previously applied Patination Oil (contact Premium Roofing Products for advice on Patination Oil removal), clean and dry.
- Apply Lead Sheet Cleaner with a cloth or nylon scourer, wash down and dry.
- If further surface renovation is not required apply a coat of Patination Oil or Prepat.
- For further renovation employ either Lead Sheet Restorer G1 or G3 as applicable. Apply G1 with a cloth or nylon scourer or G3 with a staff paintbrush, wash down, dry and return to step 4 to ensure restorer is neutralised.
Premium Lead Sheet Cleaner – 1 litre ea.
Premium Lead Sheet Restorer Formula G1 – 1 litre ea.
Premium Lead Sheet Restorer Formula G3 – 1 litre ea.
HEALTH & SAFETY ADVICE
Premium Lead Sheet Cleaner and Premium Lead Sheet Restorer Formula G3
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Premium Lead Sheet Restorer Formula G1
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Contains nitric acid, causes burns.
- Wear suitable protective clothing when handling.
- When working with lead, follow standard health and safety procedures as laid out in Control of Lead at Work Regulations 2002. Always wash hands well before eating, drinking or smoking.
- Remove lead residues from skin after working with lead metal by washing with Premium Metwash – Soap and Bodywash.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION AND PROPERTIES
|An aqueous solution containing sodium metasilicate
|An aqueous solution containing nitric acid
|An aqueous solution containing ammonium acetate
|Pale amber liquid
|1.09 (approx.) at 20°C
|1.06 – 1.08 at 20°C
|1.07 – 1.09 at 20°C
|5-10m2 per litre
|approx. 10m2 per litre
|approx. 1m2 per litre